Wednesday 29 May 2013

May Challenge - Those Baby Blues!

3 posts in one week is something of a miracle for me!

Here is my page for my May challenge over on Docrafts, which Coventry Ann kindly ran for me because my youngest Grandson George was in hospital.

The theme was Monochrome using Black & White photographs - I knew exactly what I wanted to do and have spent may hours trying to solve the problem but in the end I gave up and just used photos of George. His brothers Harry and Reece also have beautiful eyes, but Reece's are almost ice blue and too pale to use for the photo effects and Harry has quite dark eyes, but they are too dark for this. Several years ago I was playing with a version of Adobe Photoshop that I had on my old computer and came across this picture of George that I played around with.

I think the effects are stunning as he has such beautiful eyes, I turned the picture into black & white and sepia, I have also used the original colour photo too. I mounted everything onto just plain rectangles of different shades of blue, added a title and just his name and the date they were taken on because I didn't want anything to detract from his eyes.

I love the look on his face and it reminds me of the mornings when he woke up in his cot at the end of my bed and just sat there looking at me with a huge grin on his cheeky face, he's nearly 7 now and is still just a cute as he was then.





Thank you for looking and any comments you wish to make 



18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos and really cute baby. Love how you converted photos to BW but left blue eyes. Well done on your 3 posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what stunning blue eyes he has, no wonder they are the focus of your superb DLO, fi xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great so see modern photos in B&W, fantastic LO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW lovely LO and what stunning eyes George has... sorry to hear he's been in hossie, I hope he is OK now, hugs

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photo's , love the way you have done them , very clever

    Lorna xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. brilliant love the gorgeous photos and love the black and white photos but with the blue eyes
    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely scrapbook page
    hoppity x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful pictures ans pages...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are lovely pages with great photos.
    Heike xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet, lovely photos

    ReplyDelete
  11. He certainly is a Gorgeous George, Doodles, and I love your layout. Hope you’ve had a great weekend in the sunshine, just hopping by after 2 days gardening!

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely layout , and cutie pics xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What great effect on those fab photos!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What beautiful images and fab layout x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what a cutie, I bet he can wrap you around his little finger! Gorgeous layout, and love the idea of printing the photo with different colour schemes. Maddy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fab page, and the perfect photo to use too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a super page and what a lovely keepsake well done ... just wanted to pop by and say thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely message about my mum ... so very kind of you ... I am afraid I don't have time to do a lot of hopping at the moment coz of hospital visiting ... but will catch up with everybody soon ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

    ReplyDelete